Grey's Anatomy

Private Grey's Anatomy roleplay site

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How messed up one life can be

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:34 am

Cameron was sixteen almost seventeen and she had Type 1 Diabetes. Cam mostly took good care of herself and had this all under control. She had a healthy diet, regular exercise, and regular did blood glucose monitoring. Cameron sometimes did not eat and did not take her meds, or would get low blood sugar. Today happened to be one of those days. Today Cameron was now in the E.R with shakiness, anxiety, clammy skin, a headache, rapid heartbeat. Little did she know today was going to bring much more then just a save place to sleep for a night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://greysanatomy.forumotion.net
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 am

Alex was working in the E.R. that day, but he was not that happy about it. He wanted kick-ass surgeries, he wanted to steps inside of an OR and cut. But no, he was punished for his attitude towards Dr.Shepherd and sent over there.
He sighed as he walked up to the newest patient. "Hello, Miss," he greeted lazily. "I am Dr.Karev. Can you tell me which the problem seems to be?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:50 am

She looked up at the doctor and noticed he was a very good looking man. No he was down right sexy! She swallowed a little and looked down still shaking. She let out a soft sigh before she started. "I have Type 1 Diabetes, and I did not eat today.My blood sugar got low and some people freaked and brought me here. I am shaking, I have anxiety, clammy skin, a headache, rapid heartbeat." She said looking into his eyes and tried to smile a little. "Oh and i did not take my pills today." She added with a nod of her head.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:02 am

Alex sighed slightly and nodded towards the girl. "Yes, you've got diabetic hypoglycemia, seeing that you haven't even bothered to eat or take your pills," he said, a bit roughly. He turned to nearby nurse and gave her a wave. "You!" he said. "Get me a can of soda. Not diet."
He then turned his attention back to the patient. "Do these episodes happen frequently, are they severe?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 am

She watched the doctor and when he spoke roughly to her, her once sweet hazel eyes turned to stone. "Like Doctor dick head, ever try to be caring?" She asked shaking her head. "Not everyone gets to eat. Just an Fyi." She said leaning back against the bed with s scowled on her face.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 am

Alex raised an eyebrow at the girl's sudden outburst. So she had done something bad for her health, but she was the one to get mad? "Well, you should get to eat, seeing your problem," he told her. "I asked you a question. Are your hypoglycemia episodes frequent or severe?" he asked again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11 am

Cameron looked at him. "Not everyone gets to ok?" She said looking at him. "And why does it matter? Just give me some meds and I'll be out of your hair." She said folding her arms. "Aren't you suppose to be like kinda nice or something?" She asked getting her legs off the bed and sighed a little feeling light headed.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:14 am

Alex rolled his eyes, then sent her a little glare. "No, I am not supposed to be nice," he told her. "I am supposed to do my job right. And I ask because if this is a sole event, the soda should do the work for you. If they are frequent, you may need some meds."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:17 am

She looked at him and sighed again. "It happens at lease once a week ok?" She said looking down a little. "Like I said i don't always get to eat." She said and tried to get up out of the bed, but when her feet hit the floor she got really light headed and she felt her heart beat raise and she took a deep breath trying to slow it down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:20 am

Alex sighed and nodded slightly. When she tried to stand up, he threw the charts on the bed, then rushed up to her. An arm went around her waist as he helped her sit. "Okay, I will prescribe you glucagon. It's a hormone that causes blood glucose to rise," he explained, a lot nicer this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:26 am

"How about a gun and bullet so I can blow my brains out. God my head is killing me." She said grabbing her head. Her head was thudding and it felt like it was going to blow off right now.

The nurse ran up with a soda and handed it to Karev. "Here Dr Karev." She said then waited to see if he needed anything else to help this girl.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:29 am

Alex gave the nurse and nod. "Thank you, that's all," he told her, then handed the soda to her. "Take this for now. Then, if you don't get better, I will give you the glucagon," he told her, then rubbed her shoulder a little bit. He then grabbed her charts and one thing on there made his eyes widen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:32 am

She finches a little when he touched her shoulder. It still hurt from the hard shake her stepfather had gave her before throwing her against the wall the night before. She swallowed a little looking at him seeing his eyes wide. "Whats wrong?' She asked sitting up a bit, but did not open her soda.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:36 am

Alex quickly retreated his hand when she flinched under his touch. "I... I'm sorry," he said, then looked at her. At her question, he shook his head slightly. He put the charts down again, then opened the soda for her and handed it back. "No, nothing. Is something wrong with your shoulder?" he asked, pointing at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:44 am

She watched him, when he pulled his hand back and she sighed. "No something is wrong. What is it?" She asked watching him closely.
She swallowed hard when he asked about her shoulder. "No its fine." She said playing with her hands, still now touching her soda. She was not sure what to do right now or if she could do anything. How could she tell this man that was just mean to her, that she was getting hurt?
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 am

Alex sighed softly, then gave a slight nod. He started feeling bad for this young girl, not to mention that he was getting more and more curious. "Nothing is wrong, don't worry," he told her. "Is, umm... Is your father here?" he asked. He didn't want to ask right away; plus, if she was related to Shepherd, she could be a cousin or something similar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:50 am

At his words her eyes shot down and she sighed once again. "Never met my father. Only know his last name is Shepherd." She said then looked at him. "Why?" She said turning her head to the side watching him. Maybe, just maybe he knew her father. She just hoped it wasn't him.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Alex swallowed, then gave the girl a nod. This was getting weirder and he didn't even know what to think. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but she was here, in Seattle! Right where Derek was. At her question, he gave a slight shrug.
"I just wanted to know if a parent was here with you," he lied, then pointed at the can in her hands. "Drink that, now. You should feel better."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:30 pm

"Nope no parents." She said and eyed the soda. "I don't drink Soda." She said looking up at him again. She was sure he would not be happy about that, but oh well right? It was her body and she could do what she wanted, though she was still shaking.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:33 am

Alex gave a slight nod when she said that she had no parents there. But maybe they were at home, waiting for her, right? It didn't have to be what he assumed.
At her next words though, he raised an eyebrow and sighed. "Every patient who comes here likes the easy way. But if you're being a brat, fine. I'll jump to medication," he shrugged, then started getting ready for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 am

She folded her arms and sighed a little. "I'm not a brat." She said watching him. "Why are hot guys always dick?" She said looking at him. She was always being treated badly, by men and she did not understand why.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:48 am

Alex raised an eyebrow at her words, then got closer, to inject her with the medication. He took her arm and prepped the spot for the shot. "You just called me 'hot'," he stated, then stuck the needle in. He couldn't say that she was exactly bad-looking either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:53 am

She looked at him and just watched him as and hissed at the shot. "Jeez easy there man." She said looking at him and sighed shaking her head. "Yes I did call you hot. problem?" She asked looking at him as she rubbed the spot he gave the her the shot at.
Back to top Go down
Alex Karev

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:56 am

Alex rolled his eyes at her hissing and her words. Jeez, it felt like he could do nothing right around her. He stuck the needle out, then threw the syringe away. At her next question, a slight smirk made appearance on his lips.
"Just thought I'd point it out," he shrugged, then noted something in her charts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cameron Shepherd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:03 am

She looked at him, then felt like a baby. She looked down and sighed. "I'm not a baby. I'm not." She said looking at him. Why did she say that to him? He did not care about her or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How messed up one life can be   

Back to top Go down

How messed up one life can be
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grey's Anatomy :: Medical Places :: Emergency room-
Jump to: